Good Shepherd Coalition logo


Senior citizens/veterans

Senior Citizen Services

Business Discount Card

Offers discounts at different businesses to residents of Macomb County age 60 and older. Available at the senior center or by calling (586) 469-6317.

9-1-1 Cellular Phones

Available to seniors who with to have a 911 emergency phone for safety reasons.

Call (586) 469-6327.

Senior Focus Newsletter

To receive the newsletter 3 times per year, call (586) 469-6313.

Senior Help Around the House

Reduced rates for senior citizens. Some services include housekeeping, yard work/snow removal, handyman, etc. Contact (586) 469-6317 for more information.

Help at Home

Offers assitance to persons 60 and older who want information on how to remain living independently in their home. Call (586) 469-6313 for more information.

Medical Equipment for Senior Citizens

Macomb County Sernior Citizen Services - Loan Closet

Call (586) 469-6313

Metro Duramed

Call (586) 774-9370

Metropolitan Society for Crippled Children and Adults

Call (586)465-5522

World Medical Relief

Call (313) 866-5333

Prescription Resource Network

Free prescriptions to qualified seniors (60+) of Macomb County who may be low income with high prescription costs. Call (586)469-6316

Christian Home Health Care

Provides skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, social worker, registered dietician, and home certified health aids. Call (586) 412-1111 for more information.

Legal Hotline for Michigan Seniors

Provides basic legal advice and information from experienced elder law attorneys over the phone. Call 1-800-347-LAWS for more information.

Benefits Enrollment Center

Staff help identify benefits you may be eligible for as a senior citizen. Call 1-800-347-5297 for more information.

Mesothelioma Advocacy

Mesothelioma Guide

Veteran Services

Military and Veterans Trust Fund (MVTF)

Provides temporary assistance granted by the Michigan Veterans Trust Fund for emergencies or hardships is available to eligible wartime veterans, and their families, residing in the state. You must be a veteran or a dependent and a legal resident of Michigan. The veteran must have been discharged under honorable conditions, with at least 180 days of active wartime services (90 days for WWI veterans), or have been separated as the result of a physical or mental disability that incurred in line of duty. Call (586) 469-5315 for more information.

Veteran Affairs Supported Housing

VASH provides section 8 HUD vouchers to homeless veterans. To be eligible, the veteran must be homeless, clinically stabilized, demonstrate an interest in changing his or her lifestyle and returning to work, and be prepared to make a 2-5 year commitement to VASH case management. Call (313) 576-1000 for more information.

Healthcare for Homeless Veterans Program

Provides case management, medical evaluations, education and counseling in health care, assistance for veterans applying for resources, assistance securing housing, assistance in exploring employment opportunities, and outcome follow-up. Call (313) 576-1000.

Diabled American Veterans and Auxiliary

Free clothing swap for veterans. Call (586) 739-5267 for more information.

Military OneSource Counseling

Free counseling referrals to veterans. Call 1-800-342-9647

Mesothelioma Advocacy

Mesothelioma Guide

Macomb County Veterans - Internet Links

Resource link

A multitude of resources for veterans residing in Macomb County can be found at the above link.

ArrowIcon BloggerIcon AimIcon DeliciousIcon PaperIcon EtsyIcon FacebookIcon FilmStripIcon FlickrIcon CameraIcon LaunchIcon GooglePlus2Icon GooglePlusIcon HeartIcon InformationIcon InstagramIcon LastfmIcon FrontCameraIcon LinkedInIcon EmailIcon MoneyIcon ItunesIcon MyspaceIcon OpenTableIcon PayPalIcon PencilIcon PersonIcon PhotoIcon PicasaIcon PinterestIcon PodcastIcon RssIcon ShoppingCartIcon SoundCloudIcon StarIcon TableProjectIcon TheCityIcon TumblrIcon Twitter2Icon TwitterIcon TypepadIcon VideoIcon VimeoIcon WordPressIcon YelpIcon YoutubeIcon